Online Dating - Six Ways to Protect Your Privacy in Cyberspace
Online dating is becoming more and more mainstream, as people from all walks of life plug in and find their soul mate in cyberspace. Here are six tips to finding that special someone while still maintaining your privacy and safety online.
1. Avoid large, public chat rooms where anything can (and does!) take place. Some people frequent these areas just to see what they can get away with. Instead, focus on smaller, more targeted web sites or chat rooms that match your interests or lifestyle. There are many online dating sites that cater to specific hobbies and several offer free trial memberships.
2. When you find a chat room, dating site, or forum that matches your interest, introduce yourself with only as much information as you feel comfortable giving. Don't plaster your phone number, address or any other personal information on the site. Wait until you meet someone with whom you truly "click" and have spoken to them for awhile. Common sense and that "gut feeling" are great indicators for when something just doesn't seem quite right.
3. Participate in the forum or chat room regularly. Keep it "low-key" until you start forming friendships with the regular members there. Be honest, and be yourself - after all, being natural is what will endear you to a particular mate.
4. Keep your correspondence limited to e-mail and chat until you get to know the person well enough to feel comfortable sharing your phone number and talking for the first time. If you need a good ice-breaker, start off the chat by talking about the forum or chat room where you met and any special interests that brought you two together.
5. If you decide to meet each other in person, choose a neutral, public place. You may even choose a town or city that's not the same as the one where you live. Restaurants, parks, theaters and other public places where people gather often are a good place to start. Alternately, you could choose to attend a special event in your area together, perhaps a concert, festival or fair. Either way, let friends or family know where you're going and who you're going with, as well as what time you'll be returning so they'll know how and where to reach you.
6. If you're interested in a few online "matches" that come your way, consider setting up a post office box and a free e-mail account to share information with each other. That way, if you come to find that you really don't "click" with this person, you won't feel as if you've given any personal contact information away.
If you follow these six tips, chances are you'll have a great time with your cyber date. Remember to be honest and be yourself! If you do, chances are that you'll find that perfect special someone who enjoys you for who you are!
Mike is an advisor for Online Dating. He has been tagged as an "Expert" in the topic of Online Dating for the past few years for his extraordinary advice. http://online-dating.eclicksoft.com
This RSS feed URL is deprecated, please update. New URLs can be found in the footers at https://news.google.com/news
Dating Options for Christian Singles
As a Christian, you understand that to visit bars, nightclubs, and many other worldly establishments is not the way for you to meet your mate. The people who hang out there may be nice, but they don't share the same values as you do.
Online Dating Tips For Success
So the search for the perfect relationship is tuff. You have tried the grocery market, the coffee houses, blind dates, social gatherings and the Barnes & Nobles.
Dating After Divorce: Things To Think About Regarding Dating After Divorce
Dating after divorce is a much debated topic due to the psychological and emotional impact it can have on people. Dating after divorce can be complex, too often divorcees don't consider the ramifications of dating after divorce before they jump into it with both feet!If you're going to start dating again after you've gotten a divorce, there's quite few things that you should consider beforehand.
Step aside Hugh Hefner. Elvis King is back in the building.
Love Eluding You? Let Go and It May Find You
How many times have you heard someone say it was when they weren't looking for love that they found it? Often they'll say, "I had just accepted the possibility that I may not find someone and realized that I'd be ok." Or, "It's ok if I'm single for the rest of my life.
Is Somebody Interested In You?
How can you tell if a somebody is interested in you?I am asking you this because if you wish to any control of your dating life, your personal life, and even your business life. You should know how to read people.
Adult Personals - Fulfilling Your Fantasies Through Adult Dating Websites
People are talking about adult personals. There's no doubt about it.
Personal Values and Christian Dating
Personal values is an important point when it comes to Christian dating. Being a Christian means that you know what Jesus Christ did on the cross and, you are trusting Him to forgive you, and trusting in His death, burial, and resurrection to be enough to cleanse you of your sin.
She Rejected You: Some Reasons Why It Happened & What You Can Do?
There is just something that makes women NOT get attracted to men who have lower STATUS than themselves. There is always tension whena lady is taller than her man, she makes more money than him or whena guy is being 'led around' by his girlfriend or wife.
Where Should You Go On The First Date?
One of the most frequently asked questions in the history of dating (with the exception of the caveman who was a firm believer in kidnapping and always took his date to a filthy cave) is where should one go on a first date. For starters, there are several places you shouldn't even think about going on a first date.
How to Get Over an Ex When You're Still In Love
1. First, put yourself in the opposite position: If YOU didn't want to be with someone, and let him or her know it, what would you expect the other person to do? Hopefully let go, and move on with dignity.
Online Dating Tips - Creating Personal Ads
Creating a personal ad for online dating services is not difficult, but how well you write your personal ads will often be the difference between success and failure in online dating. All the rules that apply to advertising in business still apply, and those who define and attract their target audience will be the successful ones.
A guide for being single in Mimasaka, Okayama Prefecture
"A Tsuyama singles scene?" scoffs single Mimasaka resident Hiroyiki Matsuda. "There isn't one.
Online Dating Service! Is Matchmaking On The Internet Right For You?
Online dating service! Is it right for you? That would be the question if you're reading this right now and asking yourself, why am I still single, and how do I find someone compatible for me? You may have tried everything from dating in the local community, or you may have also tried one of the local dating services all without success!Now that you may be frustrated and ready to give up, the computer era opened the doors to dating online, and has given you hope once again! This option meets many needs, because several people have roadblocks in their lives, and are searching for an avenue to express their feelings without having to put all their energy on the line in person.What are these roadblocks you ask? As an individual you will have different events in your lives that prevent you from finding and developing good relationships.
Overcoming Your Nervousness About Talking to Women
Standing at the magazine rack thumbing through Cosmo, she has the most gorgeous face you've ever seen. Her hair is silky blond.
Dating Tips - Prepare To Impress
At first dating is fun but as you go on it's so easy to fall into a rut. A night at home with rental movies or a dinner out or a movie is all you ever seem to do and you are getting bored.
Building Self Confidence
The building of self-confidence is not difficult, but it requires patience and intelligent effort. There should be no straining, no anxiety, and no haste.
Surprise Your Love
Has dating unknowingly become just a habit to you? Becoming not as fun and exciting as before, as when the both of you just started going out together? Well, I am not suggesting that there's any problem in your relationship. In fact this is something very common.
Should You Go on a Dating Hiatus?
Sometimes we need a hiatus from dating. A "hiatus" is a break in something that normally has continuity.
Find Reputable Internet Dating Services That Want To Earn Your Trust
Internet dating services are popping up online like dandelions in the spring, and sometimes for a newcomer, it's hard to recognize which ones are the reputable dating sites that are willing to offer you the best Internet dating service to earn your trust, and which ones are out to take your money with false promises!In order to find an online dating site that you will be comfortable with, you have to visit each one individually online, view their services, and hopefully the information they provide makes you feel at ease!How do you know if one particular dating service is more genuine over the other dating services? At first you don't know, because you're relying on their written sales jargon!When you land on their page it looks nice and fancy, and it shows lots of single members with beautiful photos, and well written profiles, but do you ever ask yourself, is that person's photo real, were the relationships posted true, or is this a way to entice you to join?If the above questions are a concern to you, then you have to do your research, read and fully understand their policy and privacy statements, and most of all go with your gut instincts if something doesn't sound right!Most of the top dating relationship sites offer free dating services such as free personals, and free matchmaking to secure your trust, but they also make it clear that they provide more advanced services for their online members with many options and secure features.So for any reason you stumble on a so-called free dating web site, make sure you find out where they are getting money to support their dating business.