Relationship Red Flags You Shouldnt Avoid
All relationships are clearly not meant to be. Only a few really deserve your time and your efforts. Sometimes we have clouded judgment and fail to recognize warning signs that are clearly apparent. Everyone deserves to love and be loved in a relationship. Often relationships start out wonderfully and turn sour while dating. You should invest your time with those people who respect you and will treat you well. Yet, sometimes we may overlook some of the warning signs that may save us much heart ache in the end.
1. Physical Abuse - physical abuse should always be a deal breaker. Early signals may be extremely rough play where you end up bruised. Other early signs are pushing, shoving, or playfully hitting you too hard. These are signs that he is physically aggressive and doesn't mind hurting you.
2. Emotional/Verbal Abuse - name calling (no, we aren't talking about terms of endearment) such as you're a fat slob, you're ugly, or anything that doesn't promote good will is inexcusable. If such terms are being used towards you, drop that person, they do not respect you. Having that person say that they didn't mean it, or they were joking isn't an acceptable excuse.
3. Emotional Rollercoaster's - avoid people who love you one day, and want to break things off the next day. This person is unstable, and will only continue this cycle as your relationship continues. A person who does articulate mixed messages isn't emotionally mature enough for a relationship.
4. Lying - you deserve to be in a relationship with a person who will tell you the truth. Avoid anyone who tells outright lies. If they will lie about small things, they will lie about larger things. A person that loves you will respect and not lie to you.
5. Inaccessible - They will not give out phone numbers, address, or employment information. Someone who is not willing to give you a way to contact them is trying to hide from someone. Perhaps they will only give out their cell phone number and nothing else. Perhaps they will only allow you to call at certain times, and not at others. All of these are warning signs that they are trying to keep themselves separate from you.
6. Too Controlling - your partner is overly concerned about activities that you do when you are away from them. They need to know where you are at all times, they may call you several times a day while you are out checking up on you. Be cautious if someone must know where you are at every waking moment, and needs to constantly check up on you. They may need to do this simply because they are insecure, or they may be seeing someone else, and want to verify that you aren't going to infringe upon that other relationship.
7. You're the one trying to work on the relationship - if you are the one that has to maintain the contact, apologize, and keeps the relationship going, you are working too hard. Relationships are two way streets; both parties need to be involved. If you are involved with someone who can't pick up the phone, send an email, or come and see you, move on. The other person isn't interested in you enough to make the effort.
8. How do they treat others? Does your partner treat other people well? Do they treat servers in restaurants with respect? Do they speak nicely to their own family? Do they talk badly about their friends behind their backs? Remember, the person you are with will eventually treat you like they do everyone else.
These are general warning signs. You may have your own must haves that a potential partner must meet to be in a relationship with you. Make sure you move slow enough to see these warning signals before you fully engage your heart. Above all you deserve a stable relationship with someone that you respect, and that other person respects you. If you must question yourself, ask yourself this, if a friend of yours was relating some of these red flags to you, what would you say? If you would tell your friend its time to move on, move on to someone that will give you the relationship that you desire.
Editor for Copykat.com, Stephanie also writes a variety of articles about relationships at http://romancelessons.blogspot.com.
This RSS feed URL is deprecated, please update. New URLs can be found in the footers at https://news.google.com/news
Quality Adult Personals
Quality adult personals are becoming harder to find these days. The recent growth in the online dating world has created a polluted industry, leaving only a handful of good quality sites.
Overcoming Your Nervousness About Talking to Women
Standing at the magazine rack thumbing through Cosmo, she has the most gorgeous face you've ever seen. Her hair is silky blond.
Love Notes: What DoYou Mean? Secrets of Clear Communication
Recently a man I had met through match.com sent me an email and asked "What's your situation now?" I wondered what he meant.
Christ-Centered Life on Dating
In a contemporary Christian world, there is a hidden reality that believers today set aside some of the moral issues regarding dating and relationships. The tradition and belief of early Christians that is supposed to be adopted by every believers of every generation is vanishing in an alarming rate.
Got a Blind Date Right Around the Corner?
Got a case of the blind date? Oh yes we know how you feel. Your heart is racing, your blood is pumping and yet you are not sure about it.
Use Dating To Your Benefit
The easy way to date is really by empowering yourself. This unconventional approach is based on the reality that when we grow and expand, our dating also grows and expands.
So, How Big is Your Penis?
As a result of dating for decades and chatting with many singles of both sexes, I've gathered some interesting and helpful insights about men and women. Here are a few:The Age Thing.
Online Dating - Six Ways to Protect Your Privacy in Cyberspace
Online dating is becoming more and more mainstream, as people from all walks of life plug in and find their soul mate in cyberspace. Here are six tips to finding that special someone while still maintaining your privacy and safety online.
Why Attractive Women Meet Me Online..
Why attractive women meet men online.It's a common question that any men ask themselves when embarking on Internet dating.
Use The Boyfriending Technique To Get The Girl
In order for a typical woman to have sex with a man, she must have feelings of comfort and trust. It is not enough for her to simply feel attraction for the guy.
Tips for Creating a Successful Personal Online Dating Profile
Your profile is the key to meeting your perfect match at online dating and personals services so it's surprising that many profiles are mediocre at best. With a little extra time, thought and effort, and the help of these tips, you can make yours a winner and attract a large pool of admirers to take your pick from.
Is Somebody Interested In You?
How can you tell if a somebody is interested in you?I am asking you this because if you wish to any control of your dating life, your personal life, and even your business life. You should know how to read people.
10 Secrets to Online Dating Success
Online dating is a new way to find friends or perhaps to find your special someone.So many people right now are interested in online dating because most Internet users are singles and through the Internet meet with other singles from across the globe.
Dating Personals! Incredibly Successful, But How Does It Work?
Dating personals offer online dating singles a quick and easy path to quality matchmaking features, and it has become incredibly successful! Dating online services have produced exciting dating tools that help you establish an online romance in the comforts of your home!There are so many singles out there that are tired of the local dating scene, and they just don't have the time and energy to go out and find many people in their community to develop serious relationships.Most single individuals are searching, and are now finding a better alternative online to establish a meaningful relationship.
How to Create A Romantic Dinner for Two on a Pontoon Boat
Before you pick up the phone to make reservations for that romantic dinner for two..
Friday Night Fitness Dates
Close your eyes and imagine this romantic setting: an intimate picnic on the beach, you and your mate enjoying strawberries from a fresh fruit salad, and both of you enjoying the ocean breeze as plans are being made for your next date. All of this, of course, after you jogged with your sweetie on the beach at sunset.
True Love And Chemistry: Exploring Myth And Reality
When you think about the qualities found in a true "soul mate" relationship, what one word comes up most often on the top of your list?Is it CHEMISTRY? Probably.Just the mention of this term conjures up powerful feelings and images for anyone who has ever been in or seeking a love relationship.
Free Dating - The Real Cost of Free Dating
Nearly every dating site on the internet claims to offer free dating. Running a quick search on google for the phrase 'free dating' returns some one and half million results!Yet is the consumer being mislead? What are the true costs of free dating?The fact is there is rarely any such thing.
How to Overcome The Fear of Rejection
Feeling uncomfortable in the stomach, cold sweaty palm, trembling of legs, losing the ability to think correctly when approaching a girl? Hate yourself for not able to overcome this problem? Oh? please do not feel so. Believe me, you are not the only one facing this problem.
Does No mean Yes?
A recent sexual assault on our campus was a wake-up call to those who thought that our small-town university was safe. But rape by strangers is only one aspect of the problem.