How to Get Over an Ex When You're Still In Love
1. First, put yourself in the opposite position: If YOU didn't want to be with someone, and let him or her know it, what would you expect the other person to do? Hopefully let go, and move on with dignity.
2. The biggest "cure all" every time you miss them, or are thinking about them with sadness, is to VIVIDLY remember the times they treated you like DIRT, and ask yourself: "Is THAT what I REALLY WANT?" When the answer is NO - then keep that in your mind. It will replace the old pattern of putting them on a pedestal when they treated you far less than the way you deserved. It will also help you to replace the pain with the truth of the situation.
3. Every time thoughts about them suddenly come into your mind, do the above, AND re-direct your focus on to something that is positive and life enhancing for YOU, or others that you love. You have the power to consciously re-direct your thoughts and FOCUS. Do that every time the blues start to creep in to your consciousness.
4. Really TRUST that everything DOES work out for the best in the long run, and if you can remember a time when you were sad about something, only to be grateful for the growth you've made, and how the situation worked out for your highest and best after all, this will help you realize that this situation is no different.
5. View the other person with compassion, rather than with bitterness. Realize that they did the best they were capable of, and if their best was not in your best interest, then it is a gift that they are out of your life!
6. Get deeply and passionately absorbed in your life purpose! THIS is the most powerful thing you can do! Why waste your energy, focus, and attention on a PAST situation, when you can really be making significant and positive difference in your life, as well as in the lives of others!
7. Every time you start to think about them, and begin to play your drama of the past in your mind, consciously CHOOSE to focus on the NOW, and all of the great things you can be doing. Focus on being and expressing your highest and best self. Remember that you don't NEED them at all. YOU are the gift. They may be a gift as well, however, if they are out of your life, your life MUST carry on in the most vibrant, positive and life-renewing manner possible. This is ALL within your conscious choice and control.
8. Really thank them (in your mind) for every lesson you have learned, every new discovery you have made, and the difference they DID make in your life. Realize that THAT was their purpose for entering your life. So now you can release them with a lot of gratitude, loving compassion, dignity, and grace.
9. Someone that I personally know that is going through the throws of emotional agony in trying to let go of a relationship that just ended said: "We need to know WHY We SHOULD Let THEM GO TO BEGIN WITH!"
The Answer is so that YOU can be FREE FROM PAIN, and misery! So that you can attract someone into your life that will treat you incredibly well, and because you DESERVE to be happy in a real relationship!
Why should you hold out for crumbs from someone similar to a dog waiting on the doormat for a couple of crumbs of attention? Don't you really deserve to have a fantastic relationship? YES! You do! Everyone does. If you are in pain the majority of the time, then you deserve to free yourself, so that you can live with inner peace, and grow with enough self-love to attract your true counterpart.
You can only attract according to what you believe you deserve, and I swear to you that you WILL attract someone that is far healthier for you once you really learn how to love and appreciate yourself.
Don't you want to be treated in the best manner possible? So if you are in pain most of the time, that pain is saying: "Hey, get me out of this, because IT HURTS!" And the only way to remove yourself from the source of emotional agony in your life is to make a COMPLETE break.
It's like keeping your hand halfway in boiling water! If you take your hand out completely, and heal it, then you will be free from pain!
If you choose to keep dipping your fingers into boiling water, this is the same as continuing to return to a painful relationship. One is physical pain, and the other is emotional.
There is no judgment at all. So please do NOT judge yourself for allowing yourself to be treated far less than you deserve. The only thing that matters is what you do from THIS moment forward. Love yourself - a LOT!
10. The only one you will EVER need is YOU. The only one that will NEVER leave you is YOU. So place ALL of your energy on being and expressing all you came into this life for. It is NOT about them - it is all about you and your growth. That is the most important thing. Now you have learned more, and realized more. You have evolved more as a result of all you have been through. As you come to fully awaken to all of your grand possibilities, you really won't have the time, or the care to focus your attention on a past situation. It is like focusing on anything else that is in the past. NOW is your time to re-claim yourself, and shine as the beacon that you are. You will feel so much better once you take all of the above steps - as long as you really apply them.
© Copyright by Barbara Rose. All rights reserved.
Barbara Rose is an Internationally acclaimed public speaker, spiritual author of: "Stop Being the String Along: A Relationship Guide to Being THE ONE" "If God Was Like Man"and "Individual Power: Reclaiming Your Core, Your Truth, and Your Life", founder of The Rose Group publishing company, inspire! Magazine, Institute of Higher Self Communication, and Rose Humanitarian Alliance.
She works in Divine Cooperation with others to uplift the spiritual consciousness of humanity. Through a Divine Spiritual gift she brings through information to create the highest vision of your life, and our world. Her internationally praised seminars, widely published articles, Higher Self Certification intensives, and Divinely Channeled private consultations have changed the lives of thousands across the globe.
For enlightening info, contacts, books, articles and resources to help you become your highest self, visit Barbara's website: http://www.borntoinspire.com
This RSS feed URL is deprecated, please update. New URLs can be found in the footers at https://news.google.com/news
Talking About Pilates In Your Dating Bio Increases Your Chances Of Finding A Lasting Relationship - IFLScience (blog)
Surprise Your Love
Has dating unknowingly become just a habit to you? Becoming not as fun and exciting as before, as when the both of you just started going out together? Well, I am not suggesting that there's any problem in your relationship. In fact this is something very common.
Is Your Baggage Holding You Back?
Here you are single again and ready to re-enter the big scary world of dating, and like most everyone, you bring along "baggage". We all have it; some more than others, however, now is the time to analyze the necessity of that baggage in your new life.
Dating mistakes can kill a dating relationship. Do you know what dating mistakes you have made? Do dating mistakes hold your relationship back? And, do mistakes like these get forgotten later on? Dating mistakes are simply things that you just don't do right.
How To Make Date Conversation
What do you talk about on a date? Is it okay to just listen and nod attentively or are you expected to take an active part in the conversation?Do you get nervous at the thought of going out with someone new? When you think of going out on a date, is it like 'been there done that' or do you think of ways to wow your potential new love? For those of you who are super confident, you can stop reading here, but for the rest of us (who could use a little help), following are some basic guidelines to follow to help you make great date conversation!1. Listen to what the other person is saying.
Basic SMS Tips for Picking Up the Women of Your Dreams
I don't know if the craze of SMS has caught on around the world but many, many people use it here in New Zealand and everyone SMS's each other. I thought it was only right to share a few tips when replying to girls.
10 Tips for Succeding in Dating!
Generally the most important step when dating someone is the anticipation moment which refers to your own decisions and also the prepairing for dating someone. And as the most important aspects are also the most difficult ones, people generally leave them aside or neglect them and this always proves to be harmful for a relationship.
Seduction Secrets For Men - How To Make Your Dates Effective And Unforgettable
You are on the first date with a girl you have a crush on. Your palms are sweating, you are trying damn hard to come up with something funny to say, only to have long silences in your conversation.
Compliments - A Very Powerful Dating Tool!
Giving a compliment can be a very powerful tool when dating women. Of course, too many compliments can also make you look desperate and needy.
Why is it people, especially the media, thinks that looking for love on the internet is shameful? The discrimination is particularly evident if you are looking for a foreign bride. I met my wife, Eileen, who is Filipina, on the internet.
Step aside Hugh Hefner. Elvis King is back in the building.
Dating at Midlife: Whats First?
More American women over 45 are single, than ever before. According to the latest population surveys, someone turns 50 every 8 seconds in the U.
How to Get a Date
Step #1- The first impression. Before you approach a girl or women, you need to know a few obvious formalities.
Dating After Divorce: Things To Think About Regarding Dating After Divorce
Dating after divorce is a much debated topic due to the psychological and emotional impact it can have on people. Dating after divorce can be complex, too often divorcees don't consider the ramifications of dating after divorce before they jump into it with both feet!If you're going to start dating again after you've gotten a divorce, there's quite few things that you should consider beforehand.
Gay, Single, & Loving It!
IntroductionWe live in a society that places high value and expectation on being in a coupled relationship and singles are often stigmatized for their single-status. Gay men, in particular, are often labeled as being unable to develop and maintain long-lasting intimate relationships, adding yet another layer to this stigma.
The Perfect Person
"When you truly look for me,You will find me."KabirWe all want love.
Online Dating Tips - Creating Personal Ads
Creating a personal ad for online dating services is not difficult, but how well you write your personal ads will often be the difference between success and failure in online dating. All the rules that apply to advertising in business still apply, and those who define and attract their target audience will be the successful ones.
Dating Advice for Men: Why Some Women Like Em Younger
Demi Moore and Ashton Kutcher. Madonna and Guy Ritchie.
5 Quick Ways to Find Your Next Date
Overwhelmed with family, school, work and volunteer obligations, woman are turning to online dating or speed-dating services to do a little of their homework for them. However, you do not have to anymore.
Six Things Every Christian Single Should Know Before Dating Online (Part One)
Years ago, online dating had a reputation that was less than desirable. But today, that stigma is quickly passing.
Am I Weird If I Date Online?
True story: A few years back I was working with a client who had recently moved to Los Angeles. She was single, did not know many people in the big city, and felt a little lonely.