How to Make Women Want You
You don't need a guitar, rock-hard abs, or even a full head of hair to make a great impression on a woman. Follow these tips, and she'll want to hear from you again real soon:
1. Go out with another woman. If you're going out to a club or a bar, take a female friend or your sister with you. Women are often more amenable to talking to men who are with other women. It gives them the feeling that you actually like women, and that's attractive. If your female friend is outgoing, see if she'll make small talk with somebody you'd like to meet. She can say something along the lines of, "I love your necklace!" and that should do it. After a little back-and-forth, your friend can say, "Oh, how rude of me. This is my friend Andy," and you're in business.
2. Look women in the eye. It seems elementary, but you'd be surprised at how many guys either undress a woman with their eyes or avoid eye contact altogether. Women love it when you look them in the eye.
3. Don't try to "buy" her. If you buy her a drink, she is obligated to say thank you and that's it. If she accepts the drink, the polite thing for her to do would be to spend a little time talking to you, but that's all. On the other hand, if a woman takes the drink and walks away, let her go. You wouldn't want spend time with her, anyway. Trust me.
4. Find out her interests. Get her talking about what she's crazy about, whether it's David Bowie or the New York Mets. If you don't get it, you can say something like, "You know, I'm not too familiar with Bowie. What CD would you recommend?" Or, "I'm more into football than baseball. What is it about baseball that you like?" Ask a woman her opinion, and you'll have her eating out of your hand (we have more in common with guys than you think).
5. Listen more, talk less. Hey, I'm not suggesting that you let her do all the talking, but some guys meet a woman and then never shut up. Don't try to impress her! Don't brag about your GPA at Harvard, the Jag in your driveway, or the fact that you're CEO of a tuna fish conglomerate. You'll get precisely the kind of woman you don't want, the one who's only into you for your achievements and possessions, rather than for who you really are. Instead, ask questions and listen for the answers. Give your opinions. Get to know the woman. Let her get to know you.
6. Be optimistic. In other words, this is no time to discuss how oil prices are going through the roof, what a witch your ex-girlfriend was, or that your parents never gave you enough attention. If you run out of things to talk about, ask her if she's seen the latest hit at the box office.
7. Be chaste. Do not try to go to bed with a woman right away. Sure, there's a chance that if you go for it, she will, but if you're hoping for a lasting relationship, you set up all sorts of weirdness if you "do it" too soon. Crazy as it sounds, if she sleeps with you, she may not respect you in the morning (you didn't know that, did you?). She'll figure that you get into bed with every woman you meet, which pretty much rules you out as boyfriend material. (Or she may be the type who thinks you owe her because she slept with you, which makes her really bad girlfriend material.) Save yourself undue angst and get to know a person before getting into bed with her.
8. Make a great exit. If you want to see her again, ask for her number (preface this with something casual, "Maybe we can get together some time."). Then touch her shoulder (a little restraint is sexier here; don't try to kiss her) and tell her you'll be in touch. Then leave. If your friends aren't ready to go yet, tell her you have to hang out with them. Walk away. The key here is to keep her wanting more.
9. Call her. If you said you were going to call, you can avoid looking desperate by waiting two days, but no longer. A plea on behalf of the female sex: If you're not interested in a woman, do not-I repeat-do not say you'll call. Say, "Nice meeting you," and be on your way. Besides, collecting numbers to feed your ego is kind of sad.
10. Treat women as you'd have them treat you. The media have brainwashed us to believe that men and women come from different planets, but we're all human. Some of the biggest losers in love are women who complain that all men are the same, they all want one thing, and so on. But it's equally sad when a guy assumes all women are like his mother or his psychopathic ex-girlfriend. You'll enjoy astonishing success with women if you understand two simple facts: We're people. We're more like you than you think.
About The Author
Terry Hernon MacDonald writes frequently about dating and relationships. She is the Internet radio host of "Romance Talk with Terry" at http://healthylife.net and the author of "How to Attract and Marry the Man of Your Dreams." Visit her website at http://www.marrysmart.com
This RSS feed URL is deprecated, please update. New URLs can be found in the footers at https://news.google.com/news
Revealed: What Women Want When It Comes to a Guys Looks
As part of my research for a guide to style, I put together a focus group of 6 randomly chosen hot, single women between 21 and 33, to find out what styles in men they considered hot.My goal was to find the things that they all agreed on.
Dating Advice for Those Just Getting Back on the Dating Wagon!
Dating is a daunting prospect, especially for those who've been off the circuit for a while. Here's a little dating advice to help you back on the dating wagon.
Dating at Midlife: Whats First?
More American women over 45 are single, than ever before. According to the latest population surveys, someone turns 50 every 8 seconds in the U.
Find Reputable Internet Dating Services That Want To Earn Your Trust
Internet dating services are popping up online like dandelions in the spring, and sometimes for a newcomer, it's hard to recognize which ones are the reputable dating sites that are willing to offer you the best Internet dating service to earn your trust, and which ones are out to take your money with false promises!In order to find an online dating site that you will be comfortable with, you have to visit each one individually online, view their services, and hopefully the information they provide makes you feel at ease!How do you know if one particular dating service is more genuine over the other dating services? At first you don't know, because you're relying on their written sales jargon!When you land on their page it looks nice and fancy, and it shows lots of single members with beautiful photos, and well written profiles, but do you ever ask yourself, is that person's photo real, were the relationships posted true, or is this a way to entice you to join?If the above questions are a concern to you, then you have to do your research, read and fully understand their policy and privacy statements, and most of all go with your gut instincts if something doesn't sound right!Most of the top dating relationship sites offer free dating services such as free personals, and free matchmaking to secure your trust, but they also make it clear that they provide more advanced services for their online members with many options and secure features.So for any reason you stumble on a so-called free dating web site, make sure you find out where they are getting money to support their dating business.
Fatal Flaws- How to Have a Happy Relationship and Keep Your Values Intact
If you are knee deep in trying to find a relationship, maintain or sustain a relationship then you need to think seriously about your Fatal Flaws. Not your own mind you, but those that are demonstrated by that really cute guy/girl you are considering getting into "bed" with, literally and figuratively.
Immigration and Clear Thinking
I get a lot of "reader comments" on the issues I choose to write about. This is a good thing for my editors since this means more readers and more readers mean more advertising revenue.
Should You Go on a Dating Hiatus?
Sometimes we need a hiatus from dating. A "hiatus" is a break in something that normally has continuity.
A guide for being single in Mimasaka, Okayama Prefecture
"A Tsuyama singles scene?" scoffs single Mimasaka resident Hiroyiki Matsuda. "There isn't one.
When Should You Give Up on Chasing a Woman?
This week I want to discuss chasing women, or rather I should say, when is the best time to give up on chasing a particular woman?When you keep chasing a woman that you're crazy about and it's all one-sided and she shows no interest in you, what should you do? Well, if a woman is not interested in you she will go out of her way to give you hints by the way she acts towards you. She will try to make it clear that she does not want to get involved with you.
Meeting Other Singles By Doing Something You Love
Meet Other Singles by Doing Something You LoveHere's one the best ways I have found to meet other singles while enjoying what you would do anyway.Create your own group to do something that you enjoy.
Married and Unhappy ...
Married women need to feel Love and Married men need to be desired by their partners period !! Put more love into your Life..
Attract the Love of Your Life
Have you heard about the technique Olympic athletes use to help them win gold medals?In addition to conventional practice, they do some critical mental work as well. They close their eyes and "see" themselves making the winning basket, being first across the finish line, etc.
Cut Cupid Some Slack
Valentine's Day!What a great idea to set aside a day for remembering those we love. It's even more than just remembering; it's romancing.
Does Online Dating Work?
Dating Online is currently the Internets biggest craze, and its here to stay! But does it actually work?I mean, there are tons of Dating websites, but their success with matchmaking is kept rather low key, and I found out why.When I was searching for Online dating websites, I felt that I couldn't trust many of the companies and that they were just trying to get money out of me.
Dating Online in Safety
Dating online can be great fun, stimulating and exciting. So let's first get it into perspective.
Lonely Expats Looking for Valentines Love
Being an expat in a foreign country where you don't speak the language is hard at the best of times. And if you're single with the most romantic day of the year looming, what do you do?You could sit at home and feel sorry for yourself, but the modern expat in Europe is turning to exciting new ways of finding Mr or Mrs Right before February 14.
Why I Prefer Online Dating
The next most likely place to meet your match is the place where you regularly hang out. However, if your idea of socializing is hanging out at the local pub or bar with a couple of buddies, choices are pretty much limited and you'd be competing with all the guys for the limited number of girls.
Do Men Want Classy Women?
Ladies, this one is for you. Your mother always told you "Don't give away the farm.
Do You Desire Love and Marriage? How Should You Prepare Yourself?
The rate of new love and marriages is rising as fast as the divorce rate. That forces the question - are people really falling in love? If they are then why is the divorce rate so high? Isn't love enough? Where is the commitment? Love and marriage are still important to people.
Dating Tips: The First Impression Matters
Ever had a love at first sight encounter? Totally captured by her beauty the first time you laid your eyes on her? Having sleepless nights thinking about her? That first impression she left with you was sure astonishing wasn't it?The first impression you give plays a very important part in the blooming of a love relationship. It determines the ever possibility of a development of the relationship.